Product data is a unifying force across diverse industries and organizations. Whether you are upgrading your eStore, selling products through marketplaces or affiliates, or just advertising your merchandise, you need accurate and well-managed data feed to gain competitive edge and expand your eCommerce business. When you choose to sell on multiple online channels including Amazon, Sears.com, Rakuten.com, Google Merchant, TheFind, Shopzilla, Shopping.com, etc., product data feeds help in outperforming peers in the areas of product delivery, product sales and customer satisfaction
Creating and managing the various elements of a product data feed
Online shoppers judge an online store by the product information provided by the eRetailer. Thus, it is crucial to keep in mind the following elements of a data feed and make sure that it is updated across online channels as well as comparison search engines daily:
- SKUs: Stock Keeping Units (SKUs) is one of the most important elements as they help in identifying distinct products and services, being sold across several online marketplaces and comparison search engines.
- Product Category: Since the product category structure differs for each channel, so it is crucial to assign the correct category to each product and make sure that they are displayed appropriately in the navigation.
- Product price: It is equally important to revise and update product prices, as and when the manufacturer does it.
- Product title and description: To compel customers buy your products, it is essential to create precise product titles that contain relevant keywords. Furthermore, well-written, clear and compelling product descriptions will help your customer make well-informed buying decisions, building your credibility as well.
- Product features list: Besides providing brief and detailed product description, you would also have to create a product features list that highlight product’s specifications and benefits.
- Product image: While managing product data feed, you would have to provide product image URL. Undoubtedly, visually-enticing and well-edited product photos help in attracting customers and boosting sales by a huge margin.
Certain other elements that a product data feed comprises of includes product weight, size and dimension, manufacturer information, UPC Codes, manufacturer’s part number, retailer’s part number, product’s availability status, image URLs and technical specifications (if any).
As bringing a product to market involves several aspects like designing, manufacturing, shipping to retail outlets and presenting them on eCommerce stores and multiple online channels, a lot of product information is created during the process which must be stored and shared across different platforms to gain competitive advantage in the market.
SammDataServices: The Right Choice for Multichannel eCommerce Management Services!
At SammDataServices, we offer Multichannel eCommerce Management Services for businesses of all shapes and sizes, helping them boost their online presence across the globe. Our experts create and optimize product data feed that can be uploaded across diverse channels and comparison shopping websites.